Handpump,AFRIDEV, Variant 5,Open Options
Complete Hand Pump package, AFRIDEV type, for 15 to 60 metres installation depth, "Variant 5 - Open Options - package" with FREE choice of options to compose the package specifications.
Indicative Price 1.00 USD
Complete Hand Pump package, AFRIDEV type, for 15 to 60 metres installation depth.
This "Variant 5 - Open Options - package" version deviates from all the AFRIDEV Pump Packages in the UNICEF Catalogue by leaving the FREE
choice of options to compose the package specifications.
Complete AFRIDEV deep-well hand pump (as per SKAT-RWSN Specifications Rev. 5:2007) for cylinder installation depth of choice between 15 and 60 metres, with following options to be specified by Country Office when ordering:
Head (300 or 580 mm spout) with Handle, Steel Cone assembly with Compression Cone and Stand with 3 Legs or Bottom Flange, uPVC cylinder with brass or plastic lining, brass plunger and plastic or brass foot valve, 15 to 60 m uPVC Rising main (riser pipes) with bell ends or sockets, and 15 to 60 m SS pump rods with threaded or eye and hook couplers or FRP rods with SS couplers, as follows per SKAT-RWSN:
1 No. Pump head assembly, with Handle assembly (Spout length 300 mm (Option A) - OR 580 mm spout (Option B, SKAT))
1 No. Galvanized steel Cone assembly
1 No. Compression Cone
1 No. Pump Stand, with 3 legs - Option A - OR bottom flange - Option B(SKAT)
1 No. UPVC Cylinder Assembly,
composed of Cylinder Arrangement:
- with plastic Receiver - Option A,
- OR with brass Receiver/lining - Option B,
and Plunger/Foot valve Arrangement:
- brass Plunger and plastic Foot Valve
with Eye assembly - Option A,
- OR brass Plunger and plastic Foot Valve
with fishing connector - Option B,
- OR (but not recommended): brass Plunger
and brass Foot Valve - Option C (SKAT 5-2007),
5 to 20 Nos. Pump rods
- Threaded SS Pump Rods (Stainless Steel, 3 m long, size 10.8 mm diameter, with M12 rolled thread at one end and M12 SS coupling at the other end - Option B (SKAT) with centralizers) - OR SS Pump Rods with Eye and Hook couplers - Option C (SKAT) - OR Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Pump Rods in 3 m lengths, size 10 mm diameter, with Stainless Steel threaded couplings - Option D (SKAT) with centralizers).
(NOTE: nos. of rods to be ordered should be the same as the nos. of riser pipes)
5 to 20 Nos. Riser pipes, for solvent cemented jointing:
(UPVC pipes, 50 mm ND/63 mm OD, with bell end at one end and spigot end at the other, 2.9 m length - Option A (SKAT), with appropriate centralizers) - OR
(UPVC pipes, 50 mm ND/63 mm OD, with spigot ends and a socket, 3.0 m length each - Option B (SKAT), with appropriate centralizers)
(NOTE: please specify Nos. of riser pipes in length of 3 m, >5 Nos. to maximum 20 nos.)
1 No. Fishing tool assembly, for retrieval of fallen pump components.
The package also includes the following
1 bundle of Support Rope, 6 mm diameter, polypropylene, 100 m length
1 No. Spanner assembly M16 (B2160)
2 No. Spanner M12 (C1005) old DIN Standard (19 mm)
2 No. Spanner M12 (C1153) new ISO Standard (across flats of 18 mm)
2 No. Spanner M10 (C1137) old DIN Standard (17 mm)
2 No. Spanner M10 (C1152) new ISO Standard (across flats of 16 mm)
1 set Spare parts kit *) sufficient for 2 years of operation.
1 bottle solvent cement **) - Glass/plastic/or tin of 200 ml
1 bottle cleaning fluid **) - Glass/plastic/or tin of 200 ml
1 No. Installation and Maintenance manual.
1 No. Maintenance Card
*) NOTE: Spare parts kit as per Catalogue number S0009194
Packaging and labelling
**) NOTE: Solvent Cement and Cleaning fluid cannot be air freighted.
The pumping set packaging depends on the shipment
(cf. Shipping Details).
If required, the following items should be ordered separately:
1 x platform shuttering and masonry tools for concrete platform construction (see catalogue no. S0009187).
Estimated weight: 126 kg
Estimated volume: 0.25 m3
Sea shipment: Wooden crate packing with steel strapped bundles in HDPE sheets for the connecting rods and the riser pipes.
Air shipment: Corrugated cardboard, jute/plastic laminated sheets, steel strapped and marked with steel strapped bundles in HDPE sheets for the connecting rods.
For quick sea delivery, it is essential that the minimum quantities to be ordered correspond to one fully loaded ISO 20-foot container.
Instructions for use
The pump is used for pumping water from deep wells of between 15 and 55 metres. The package is for general application, including corrosive water conditions.
1. When ordering the AFRIDEV pump, the borehole external casing diameter must be stated on the order to be able to select the most appropriate pedestal option, and the centralizer size. In the absence of this information, pipe centralizers suitable for 150 mm diameter bore wells will be supplied. These centralizers will have suitable markings to cut and adjust them to suit 100/ 110 mm and 125 mm diameter bore wells.
2.The AFRIDEV Hand Pump type is specified with different Material numbers in the UNICEF Catalogue, i.e. with a Recommended Package of components (Material S0009193) or and with different Package Variants of this. The Recommended Package of components of the Afridev hand pump and its variants are described briefly below and then detailed in the relevant separate UNICEF Catalogue numbers indicated for ordering.
Please ensure that you identify and state your needs correctly:
Recommended package S0009193: Head- Option A 300 mm Spout, Stand- Option A with 3 legs, Rising main- Option A with Bell ends, Cylinder- Option A with plastic receiver and Option B with brass Plunger and plastic Foot Valve with Eye assembly, Rods- Option B with SS threaded rods. Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009193
Variant 1 package: Same as Recommended package, but with change in Pump Stand to Option B (with Bottom Flange) - Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009188.
Variant 2 package: Same as Recommended package, but with change in Rods to Option C (SS with Eye & Hook couplers) - Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009189.
Variant 3 package: Same as Recommended package, but with changes in Pump Stand to Option B (with Bottom Flange) and Cylinder Option C (uPVC w/brass lining, brass receiver, brass plunger and brass foot valve) - This brass plunger etc version is available but not recommended - Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009190.
Variant 4 package: Same as Recommended package, but with pump rods from FRP and SS couplers. Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009191.
Variant 5 package (Defined as per above): No Option is pre-defined. The order must specify the entire combination of Options of the main components, materials and installation depth, open for all AFRIDEV Options.
Order through UNICEF Catalogue No. S0009192.
3. The Afridev pump is suitable for installation in the range of 15 m to 45 (60)m depth of installation of the cylinder. For cylinder settings of lesser or more than 30 m, the number of riser pipes and pump rods actually required will have to be specified, taking into consideration that each of these two items come in lengths of 3 m (see this above Catalogue No. S0009192 (Free Variant 5 options)). For cylinder settings of more than 45 m, it is strongly recommended/required to employ bottom support. Bottom Support System is not specified with materials in any of the UNICEF Catalogue numbers (As per SKAT/RWSN Revision 1-2008). Specific BSS request is to be done together with Catalogue No. S0009192.
4. Platform shuttering set and masonry tool set could be ordered at the rate of one each of these items per 250 to 500 hand pumps, depending on local conditions.
NOTE: "Option A,B,C" refer to SKAT-RWSN/HTN Afridev specifications revision 5 - 2007.
|There are no attributes assigned to this product|