MUAC,Adult,without colour code/PAC-50
Adults' Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) measuring tape. Pack of 50 with instructions for use.
Indicative Price 10.50 USD
Adults' Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) measuring tape. Pack of 50 tapes with instructions for use.
MUAC measuring tape
Suitable for measuring adult's Middle Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC, range up to 50cm.
Graduated with 1mm precision
Accuracy: ± 1mm of the maximum measurement (50cm)
Non-tear stretch-resistant plasticized, synthetic paper.
Minimum thickness 0.3mm.
Print: Permanent, resistant to solvents; easily readable in low light working situations.
Operating conditions: Temperature: 0°C - +40°C
ITEM UPPLIED WITH:
Text and pictorial user instructions in English/French
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE:
1. Ask the person to remove clothing that may cover the left arm.
2. Calculate the midpoint of left upper arm by first locating the tip of the shoulder with your fingertips. Bend the elbow of the person to make the right angle. Place the tape at zero (indicated by two arrows) on the tip of the shoulder and pull the tape straight down past the tip of the elbow. Read the number at the tip of the elbow to the nearest centimetre. Divide this number by two to estimate the midpoint. As an alternative, bend the tape up to the middle length to estimate the midpoint. A piece of string can also be used for this purpose; it is more convenient and avoids damage to the tape. Mark the midpoint with a pen on the arm
3. Straighten the arm and wrap the tape around the arm at the midpoint. Make sure the numbers are right side up. Make sure the tape is flat around the skin.
4. Inspect the tension of the tape on the arm. Make sure the tape has the proper tension and is not too tight or too loose. Repeat any step as necessary.
5. When the tape is in the correct position on the arm with correct tension, read and call out the measurement to the nearest 0.1cm.
6. Immediately record the measurement
Pregnant and lactating women.
S0114520, Portable baby/child/adult L-hgt mea.syst
S0114530, Portable baby/child L-hgt mea.syst/SET-2
S0114540, Portable baby/chd/adt L-H mea.syst/SET-2
S0141022, Scale mother/child 250kg.batteries
S0141023, Scale mother/child 250kg bat.mains.solar
S0141024, Scale mother/child 150kg bat.mains.solar
S0145520, Scale,infant,clinic,beamtype,16kg x 10g
S0145555, Scale,infant,springtype,25kg x 100g
S0145556, Scale, baby, electronic, 10 kg, <5>
S0189000, Weighing trousers/PAC-5
S0557000, Scale,infant,springtype,5kg x 25g
S0557200, Sling for use with scale 0145555,0557000
S0145620, MUAC,Child 11.5 Red/PAC-50
COMPONENT OF KIT:
S9906754, Nutrition Kit, Anthropometric. ETH
|Component of kits|
|To see icon descriptions, go to |
' Product attribute guide'